28.3.15

Hi,

Let me finally introduce myself!  My name is Adalee Hude of Brightly Hude Studio.  I've been reading this blog for a little while now, and there has been so much to admire!  It is always a joy to visit and see all of the wonderful works y'all have done.  I'm primarily a horse sculptor, but after entering the Apocalypse Prize contest the other year, I was really inspired to start doing sacred paintings.  I painted a few saints last year, and I just finished a painting of the Divine Mercy.  My pastor also commissioned me to paint the Paschal Candle for our parish this year.  I thought I'd share the latter two things; the others can be found on my website at: http://www.brightlyhude.com/art.html.


  

     

  




I'm happy to be part of the group, and I look forward to doing more!  I'm still trying to find my 'groove,' so to speak, so I welcome any feedback.  I find people much harder than horses!

Thanks,

Adalee

8 comments:

Lawrence Klimecki, deacon said...

Hi Adalee,
Very nice work. Welcome! I especially like the paschal candle. Can you tell us more about the process? God Bless

Unknown said...

Your Paschal candle is breath-taking. Deo gratias for your pastor's commission, and your beautiful work!

Adalee said...

Thank you both, very much! I was super excited about the commission.

Elizabeth! I've been meaning to email you and show you pictures, but now you have seen them here! I was the gal who contacted you last year about the process, which you were so kind enough to explain. I apologize for my absent-mindedness.

Here's the story, for everyone: my pastor saw an article about the candle Mrs. Elizabeth Lemme painted last year for her parish (beautiful!), so I contacted her, as I mentioned. In the process, I sketched then transferred the design to larger paper which I wrapped around the candle. I used a pencil to go over the design on the paper and created a slight indentation in the candle that I could follow with my paints. Gesso primer made up the first layer(s) and I painted over that with acrylic. I decided to tint my gesso slightly with acrylic, so I had a map to follow color-wise, as I get lost easily! Everything needed a few layers- especially the gold. I'm so thankful to God that it all came out well... and on time!

Stefan Salinas said...

I love those candles!

Adalee said...

Thank you, Stefan!

Christoph Hagen said...

Could you perhaps paint such a candle for a church in Austria, too, next year? The theme should be Saint Mary Magdalene, the first witness of the Resurrection and the latin words VIDI DOMINUM, I have seen the Lord. If this would be possible, please contact me!

Christoph Hagen said...

Could you perhaps paint such a candle for a church in Austria, too, next year? The theme should be Saint Mary Magdalene, the first witness of the Resurrection and the latin words VIDI DOMINUM, I have seen the Lord. If this would be possible, please contact me!

Christoph Hagen said...

Could you perhaps paint such a candle for a church in Austria, too, next year? The theme should be Saint Mary Magdalene, the first witness of the Resurrection and the latin words VIDI DOMINUM, I have seen the Lord. If this would be possible, please contact me!