27.1.11

A Dandelion























As most of you probably realize, this drawing is based on a famous picture of G.K. Chesterton. While I think it turned out alright, I've never been quite sure whether I'm done with it or not. It feels like it needs a background, and yet, for the life of me, I can't imagine what background would work well with this. I also created a CafePress store out of this drawing (actually, I'm wearing a t-shirt from that store as I write this). In case you're interested, the proceeds from sales go to support the work of Dappled Things magazine. The drawing was done with micron pens.

2 comments:

Gaelen Mibeck said...

You're so cool!

Sophie said...

I like the graphic quality of the image Chesterton looks great! I think though that that girl's head is a bit small. You could also make the dandelion a little bigger. As far as background, I could see maybe a light grey, or an element in the upper right hand corner.