13.6.13

My First Post

Hey Guys,

         My name is Jason Peck, and Im an Artist. Ive been drawing most of my life and painting for about 25 years now. I was diagnosed with one of the many forms of Muscular Dystrophy at the age of 4. I couldn't go outside and play with my friends because of my illness, so I spent most my days drawing, and eventually I turned to painting. I thank God for each and everyday, and for inspiring me to become an artist. 

Here are a few examples of my art.

A Mighty Pen
5X7, Pen and Ink on Paper
 
God So Loved
14X18, Oil on Canvas
 
The Pieta
8X10, Pencil & Watercolor on Paper
God Bless everyone, and thanks for letting me join. There are so many talented artist here on this blog. I really enjoy looking at everyone's art. Very inspiring.

My Art blog;  http://jasons-brush.blogspot.com/

10 comments:

Anthony VanArsdale said...

You have amazing talent Jason, and I'm so glad you've joined!

Anonymous said...

Love your "Deposition" - the faces! Wonderful.

Jason Peck said...

Hey Anthony,

Thank you, and Hughosb thank you as well, I really appreciate your kind comments.

Jason

Joe Oliveri said...

'God So Loved' is exquisite, and truly moving. These are all beautiful works.

Welcome, Jason!

Jason Peck said...

Hi Joe, Thank you very much

Anonymous said...

Welcome Jason.

Did you use models for God So Loved? Each of the Characters look like real individuals.

Jason Peck said...

Hi Anonymous,

Thank you.

Yes, I had friends and family pose for me. I posed myself, for the figure holding Christ Legs. I just sat in front of a large mirror and drew myself again and again, till I thought it looked like me.

Here is a link to a couple of the drawings for this painting;

http://jasons-brush.blogspot.com/search/label/Figure%20Drawings

Just scroll to the bottom of the page and youll see one of the many drawings I did of myself in preparation for this painting.

Sophie said...

Beautiful!! Ditto about the talent. My favorite is Mighty Pen. Nice strong skilled drawing.

Unknown said...

How can I get in touch with you about commissioning work? There's nothing on your sites that I can find.

Jason Peck said...

Hi Charlie,

Thank you for the interest in my art, unfortunately I am unable to accept any commissions. I have Muscular Dystrophy and Arthritis. Because of my illness, I draw and paint at a very slow pace. Some of my paintings take me months even years to complete. Most of what I paint I donate to charity, or give to my family members.

God Bless