31.12.12

Study II for Big Sky, oil on linen panel, 11"x14"


After being with my infant son in a hospital in downtown Philadelphia for months on end, I just had to do another studio study of the Western Prairie. Call it a longing for wide open spaces, and a desire to return to these places that symbolize a certain sense of freedom and in a way I call home since I grew up "on the edge of the prairie." Plus I love painting the lovely and subtle forms of big cumulus clouds and experimenting with their different shapes and patterns. I wish everyone a Happy and Blessed New Year! See more at www.jasontako.com.

3 comments:

Anthony VanArsdale said...

Beautiful!

Sophie said...

This really does capture that wide open feeling of the prairie. Nice colors too. Where did you grow up? I worked in South Dakota for awhile, where I grew to love the prairie.

Jason Tako said...

I grew up in Minnesota, near the prairie.